ST PETER'S ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH
MARLOW, BUCKINGHAMSHIRE, UK

Manual
  Stopped Diapason
8
 
 
  Principal
4
 
 
  Chimney Flute
4
 
 
  Fifteenth
2
 
           

Suspended tracker key action : Mechanical stop action

Slider soundboard

Marlow button click here to view main image of Marlow organ

St Peter's was built by the elder Pugin in 1845-8. This small gothic church was one of the first new Catholic churches to be built following emancipation.

west end of the Pugin church

The organ was installed in 1987. The case is of solid English Oak, and has doors which can be closed and locked in front of the pipes. The pipeshades depict vine leaves, echoing details from the Stations of the Cross which are displayed around the walls of the church. The organ is played from behind the case, the player being able to see over the side flats of the instrument. The keyboard has coverings of Lemonwood and Grenadilla.

Pipeshades designed and carved by Siegfried Pietzsch

The consultant for the project was Dr. John Rowntree

CONTACT